How bonding and contouring from your dentist in Kenosha can improve your smile
If you have some bad habits like chewing your fingernails or biting hard objects, chances are you’ve damaged your teeth. If you have an aging smile, chances are you have small chips and wear on the edges of your teeth. These small cosmetic issues can drive you crazy. The good news is there is a quick, simple procedure to get you smiling again. The answer is dental bonding and contouring. Dr. Mario Maritato at Maritato Dental in Kenosha, WI wants to introduce you to this unique treatment and what it can do for your smile.
Dental bonding and contouring can be performed in one dental visit and typically doesn’t require anesthetic. It is the perfect solution to hide problems like these:
- Small cracks and chips from bad habits or trauma
- Wear along tooth edges due to aging
- Genetic defects in tooth enamel
- Fracture lines due to trauma
You can also use dental bonding and contouring to change the color of teeth that have stains or discolorations from:
- Smoking and other tobacco products
- Drinking coffee, tea or red wine
- Taking medications like tetracycline
If you have teeth with alignment issues and you think orthodontics is the only way to straighten teeth, think again! Thanks to dental bonding and contouring, you can even cosmetically change the alignment of teeth that are:
- Rotated or twisted
- Gapped apart
Dental bonding uses a unique liquid resin material called composite. This material can be color-matched and sculpted to blend perfectly with your natural teeth. The composite is applied as a liquid, sculpted into shape, and then hardened with a high-tech ultraviolet light. Contouring is combined with the bonding treatment to create a harmonious look to your smile.
When you choose dental bonding and contouring, you can expect:
- Quick results because treatment can be done in one appointment
- Natural results because composite matches perfectly with your smile
- Inexpensive treatment because bonding and contouring costs far less than other cosmetic services
If you want to correct minor imperfections in your smile quickly and easily, dental bonding and contouring is the perfect choice! For more information about dental bonding, contouring and other cosmetic and restorative dental services call Dr. Maritato at Maritato Dental in Kenosha, WI today!